Selecting the right roofing companies in Houston is a key step in enjoying the protection and aesthetics provided by a great roof. Before questioning potential roofing contractors, it is very important to do you’re your homework and be prepared to ask lots of questions and discuss every necessary detail about your roofing project, in order to avoid being scammed or paying too much for what may turn to be a mediocre service.
During your discussions with representatives from roofing companies in Houston, do not accept hesitant answers and do not overlook unclear details. Always ask for written estimates that detail every stage of the project as well as the costs, deadlines etc. and make sure that the estimate is not only based on visual inspection of the exterior of your roof. The roofer needs to actually come inside your house, so they can also inspects the attic and the structure of the roof, as lots of problems may hide in there and you want to know about them right from the start, instead of being taken by surprise, in the middle of the works, by the occurrence of additional cost-incurring problems.
Here is a series of questions to ask roofing companies in Houston. The answers will help you decide on the roofing company you consider suitable for your project and will give you confidence that you have made the right choice. These questions will also help you better understand the key steps in a roofing project and the decisions you will make, in partnership with the roofing company, so that your vision takes a final shape.
- How many years have you been in this business? What types of roofs do you specialize in?
- Are you licensed and insured? Can I see your certificates?
- What sets you apart from other roofers? What are the most important benefits of the roofs you have built?
- What type of warranty do you offer?
- Can you give me references from past customers? Can you point me to houses with roofs you have built for previous customers?/ Can you give me a list of references?
- What are the most important energy saving solutions when installing a new roof or renovating an existing roof?
- Do you build based on your own plans and use construction materials obtained only from the collaboration contracts you have with other companies? Or can I come with my own set of plans?
- What standard features do the roofs built by your company include? What extra options and upgrades can I select?
- Who will oversee my roofing project? Who should I contact with any questions I may have?
- How and when can I make changes to the project, before and during works?
- How and when will the final price for my roof be set?
- How long will the works take?
Of course, there may be other important questions that you should point out if you need to, so feel free to add them to this list.