The roof has a very well defined role. Besides the fact that it ensures the protection of the building against atmospheric factors, preserving its integrity and protecting the indoor environment, it can also leave its mark on the “personality” of the building, influencing the aspect of the entire property.
When a roof is outdated in performance, it is damaged and unsightly, so you need to think seriously about renovating or replacing it. When starting a roof replacement project in Texas, the quality of the materials is essential, but an equal importance must be given to the installation. It is recommended that the installation be done by professional residential roofers because they have the expertise to do the necessary calculations and measurements and to choose the best solutions, so that the roof can last for as long as possible.
When replacing a roof entirely or partially, you need to consider all the services associated with this complex job. In this way, you will be able to find out what are the stages or preparations for such a project.
Starting a roof replacement project
Any roofing project must begin with hiring licensed Texas residential roofers, to inspect the roof and determine if replacement is indeed necessary. The main reasons for replacing the roof include:
- Damage or aging of the roof structure and / or the cover materials
- Changes in the volume of the living space and its extensions which require adaptation of the roof structure
- Changing the initial roof covering solution (switching from one roofing system to another, changing the design)
It is extremely important to keep in mind that a roof must withstand specific local weather conditions, and the climate in Texas can be quite harsh. Choosing the right cover solutions is therefore an essential step.
Last but not least, you must prepare the necessary budget for such a project. Replacing the roof is one of the biggest investments you will ever make, and most people do not have this kind of money. Therefore, it is necessary to plan, to create a budget from savings made a few years before and, possibly, to identify additional sources of financing.
In order to protect your investment and to avoid experiencing more problems with your roof too soon, it is important to analyze the reasons and causes that led to its replacement. In case there were problems such as infiltrations, inappropriate cover solutions etc., you should focus your efforts on avoiding to make the same mistakes again.
What are the specific steps of a roof replacement project?
- Identifying the best technical solution
- Scheduling the necessary works
- Taking out the old roof cover, or demolishing its entire structure, if necessary – Specialists pay special attention to weather conditions and the adequate protection, during this stage. Also, the stripping of the old roof will be done respecting the logical order of the operations: starting from the upper part towards the eaves, starting with the disassembly of the accessories, continuing with the cover materials, the skylights, etc., up to the roof’s frame. The operations will be performed from the outside to the inside of the building.
- Reconstruction of the roof`s structure – replacement of damaged support elements (beams, rafters, etc.);
- Installation of the anti-condensation foil
- Installing the cover materials and finishing the masonry at the edges of the roof
- Installation of additional systems and accessories (eaves, gutters, ridges, sealing elements etc.)
Call a local Texas roofer today to help you start your roof replacement project.